Italian cuisine known for its variety, richness and flavor. Italian cuisine is popular around the world because of its ability to satisfy everyone’s tastes and versatility. The risotto is an Italian specialty which is universally known for its creamy texture and delicious flavor. The essence of this dish is rice with short grain and saffron; the story behind this Saffron Rice is quite interesting.
Rice made an entry in Italy in the 14th century; The Arab presentation Italian rice and rice soon became part of the local cuisine. In 1574, a young apprentice, Vialone, received charge of paint stained-glass window of the Duomo of Milan Cathedral . The resulting outcome to be quite bright; This made people you rib saying he used saffron to get these brilliant colors. This made him angry and as a joke, threw lots of Saffron in the rice dish served at the wedding of his master. The joke backfired and everyone loved the tasty rice; This was the first risotto.
Risotto of cooking is an art. To obtain the good creamy texture, you need only know how to cook and what ingredients to add when. If you cook too long, the rice can be build-up. The selection of the appropriate variety of rice is also important; Arborio, Carnaroli and Vialone are good choices of rice to ask your risotto.
You can make risotto with vegetables, seafood or any kind of meat; but according to me, lobster makes it an ideal ingredient for risotto. When cooking rice with Norway lobster stock, you get improve the taste and the plate has an exquisite flavour.
Here is my rice recipe for lobster risotto-
* Olive-quarter oil Cup
* Sliced Crimini mushrooms – 12
* Brandy – 2 tablespoons
* Lobster meat – cut into cubes and cooked – 2 cups
* Chopped shallots – quarter cups
* Wine – white 1 cup
* Rice Arborio – 2 cups
* Stock lobster – 6 cups
* Chevre – 6 oz
* Shredded spring onion – 2 tablespoons
How to proceed-
* Take approximately 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan and heat. Add crimini mushrooms and sauté until they become Brown. Stir in beef and lobster and throw everything. After lobster cuisine for 60 seconds, increase the heat and add the brandy. Shake well for about a minute. Turn off the heat and keep the bread apart.
* Pour the remaining oil in a large skillet. Shallots saute in oil until soft. Mix the rice and continue stirring until the oil has coated rice completely.
* Now, add the white wine. Continue stirring and add 3 cups of broth of lobster. By further stirring while cooking. When the rice has absorbed the stock, pour 2 cups lobster broth slowly. When this is absorbed, mix in the lobster mushroom mixture. Add the remaining broth, salt and pepper.
* The rice absorb the fluid and get soft. When there is no more fluid remaining, transfer to a serving bowl and add the cheese. Garnish with chives.
Tasty lobster risotto, homemade is ready. You will find that this dish is better that the risotto served in restaurants because it cooks slowly improves the flavor of the dish.